Variable Speed Drive.
Design and manufacture Speed Drives Series AK06, Variable speed drive is a machine that is used to regulate the speed and rotational force of an AC induction motor (with constant speed). Motors, regulated by means of a valve or a vane as well as two-speed motors or their control by switching on or off, are inefficient tools from an energy aspect. The usage of energy in many motor applications can be reduced when the speed of the motor varies in response to the changed process conditions. Variable Speed Drives make this possible. In pumps, fans and compressors’ motor applications, the mechanical power needed is proportional to the fluid flow in the cube. Therefore, if we reduce the flow from 100% to 80% of the nominal value it would halve the required mechanical power. Also a lot of energy is lost in motors regulated by dampers or valves. The application of VSD, on the contrary, lets the motor to respond to the changed requirement of the flow, and therefore directly transforms this potential into electricity savings.
- Host of functions:
- Smooth ESP start, full control and protection during operation.
- Real-time process monitoring, analysis and control.
- Maintaining process parameters (pressure, level, pump, vibration), output current and motor speed.
- «Soft Start with Synchronization» algorithm holding output frequency for a present time upon the start prior to its further increase.
- Built-in output sine wave filter that provides prolongs the life of step up transformer, cable and ESP.
- «Flying start» mode allows starting the ESP while it is back spinning decreasing downtime.
- Various «Rocking start» modes unlock the ESP in case of mechanical jam saving time and money on round trip operations.
- Motor current optimization through automatic adjustment of output voltage to frequency ratio at any given frequency.
- Periodic operation between two preset frequencies, maintains oil level needed for the ESP to keep running, while keeping the oil flowing compared to on-off periodic modes where the oil could drain back if the check valve fails.